Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Year two...

I have spent the last couple of weeks, deciding in what direction I wanted to take this blog.  

Last year I needed to focus on smiling and finding joy in my life, but I am ready to take on a new journey.

There have been some huge changes in the last year, and I now have the opportunity and desire to really transform my life.  This is a really intimidating path for me, to step away from my previous goals and walk differently.  To be able to find what I love and what doesn't drain me, I need inspiration.  The last couple of times I have sat down to create something, I just feel blank and I withdraw from the project.  I need to find inspiration in my daily life, I am going to reconnect with my heart.

This blog is going to take on a different shape, since I have a different goal.  I may not post pictures everyday, I may post articles or links to blogs or videos.  But I do intend to write more, not only to tell you what inspires me but what specifically it inspires in me.  I also may just post pictures of some new creation or project while I find my way on this path.  

A number of years ago I was obsessed with the show "Ghost Hunters."  Adam could not understand this obsession, and was pretty frustrated that I was sitting at home watching a TV show instead of being out in the world.  We had a number of discussions about why I liked the show so much, and I came up with a lot of reasons.  I find the supernatural intriguing, I like hearing the history behind historical sites and seeing old properties.  None of those reasons really answered the question though, I finally figured out that the show was inspiring to me.  These were individuals making time to do something they really loved, something they were so passionate about.  It was an expression of love. 

The moment I realized that is why I was watching the show, I lost interest.  My future is not to become a ghost hunter, though I would still love to go on a ghost hunt sometime.  

I also hope that some of my readers will become involved in the discussion about inspiration and will walk this path with me.  On May 1st, 2014 I will have become more aware of daily inspiration in my life. 

Question to consider: What is a TV show that inspired you, and what did it inspire?  






8 comments:

  1. Great question! When I have pondered it more, I may be able to find a real answer, but off the top of my head, it would be "Firefly". I am more inspired by characters, than by their shows, but all the characters in Firefly had their own quirks, yet worked so well together as a team.

    Best of luck on your new adventures and please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the different characters are on different journeys but they still hold together. I think that is a great example of a labor of love, you can see the effort everyone put into that show.

      Delete
  2. So excited to watch this blog over the next year. I'm proud of you for taking this initiative.

    You may know this but Wesley Crusher (ST:TNG) was one of the things that inspired me to pursue science, but I still have yet to figure out how to make a hand-held tractor beam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you focus on making a teleporter or time machine please? Who needs a hand-held tractor beam?

      Delete
  3. Most recently I've been inspired by No Reservations, Anthony Bourdain's travel/food show. It has inspired me to eat better food! And try a few new things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to check out that show, I was really inspired by Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show to eat better and to eat real food.

      Delete
  4. I don't watch much television, nor am I huge fan of Oprah, but there is a show on her network that I find fascinating called Masterclass. The format is simple: famous people sit down in front of a camera and tell their stories. I love people and stories so I am always captivated. When I listen to someone speak passionately about what they do and get to see who they are and what makes them tick, I can't help but be inspired to live a better story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love listening to real stories. If you listen to podcasts you should check out "The Moth."

      Delete