Monday, May 20, 2013

23 years old

While we were driving this weekend we listened to part of a podcast from This American Life.  In one of the segments a young man walked from Philadelphia to California and asked the people he met what advice would they give their 23 year old self.  

Naturally this sets the mind to wondering, what advice would you give you 23 year old self.  I don't think I needed advice or would have listened to it when I was 23.  However I could use some advice and insight no.

Right now I really wonder where this path is leading; and look forward to the day when I can look back; and know that I was doing exactly what I needed to do.  This past weekend was so relaxing and there were so many moments when I was truly present, the universe was perfect.  I am glad that I have learned to enjoy those moments and to continue to work on being "here and now."

Question to consider:  What would you tell your 23 year old self?  I think I would say "it is going to be okay, no really; it is going to be okay."  Stop worrying about "The Plan."  (This is probably the same thing I need to hear today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment