Thursday, June 13, 2013

Grey Canvas

I have been painting all week, but the final project is still not done.  But so far things are coming together.  This all started with a grey canvas from a while ago.   I had so much leftover grey paint that I was left with a blank grey canvas, that I just stared at every time I walked into the kitchen or sat on the couch.  I had some ideas for a painting but nothing seemed within my skill set or what I really want to paint.  

I realized I could use a favorite photo to inspire a painting.  I am waiting until all three paintings are done to post a picture of the actual painting.  But here is a photo of the inspiration!

I wish I could say that all of this painting has been a wonderful distraction from the real world, but I didn't find that to be the case.  However, the painting I am currently working on is a little risky, and I don't know how it is going to turn out.  But I am okay with using some paint to take the risk that it might turn out better than expected.  

Question to consider: What prevents you from taking risks with creativity?   When it comes to painting, everything seems so permanent I am really afraid to experiment.  This week I am taking the attitude that really all I might waste is paint and canvas.  So far I have wasted a lot of paint, I don't know how much paint it takes to cover a given area.  Oh well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment