Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Nutritious food

Confession time:  I have not been eating very well lately; I have been eating out more than I would like to and I have been eating more processed foods.  Between Adam working a lot, his yoga training and the Houston heat giving me migraines I have been eating most of my meals alone.

I find it difficult to cook just for me, it seems so much easier to grab some takeout or just heat up a frozen meal.  But the fact of the matter is I feel worse when that becomes a habit.  Today I got home after my classes and felt like cooking.  It may have had something to do with my teacher talking about how what you eat affects your energy levels and reserves.  

So I had a wonderful lunch with fresh roasted tomatoes, salad and salmon.  I even made the vinaigrette on the salad.  It was good to experiment in the kitchen a little bit and use the fresh produce in the house.  

Question to consider:  Do you find it more difficult to eat well (whatever that means to you) when you eat by yourself?  I really enjoy cooking for Adam, but when I am by myself I just don't feel like going through the effort.  What are some of your favorite solo meals?

3 comments:

  1. Eating alone is depressing for me. I usually end up eating something sweet to compensate. There is a meal my mom used to make, very easy and sweet. Pasta with poppy seeds and sugar and butter. Not exactly a vitamin bomb, but it is a comfort food for me. My boys don't like it, so I only make it when I eat alone.
    The dish you posted looks super yummy! :-)
    Mirka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dish sounds good to me. I will have to try it one of these nights. I do find I crave chocolate much more when I am alone.

      Delete
    2. HEhehe, ok, when you do try, get egg noodles and grinded poppy seeds mixed with powder sugar. That goes on top of cooked pasta with a bit of melted butter on top of all of it. Bon Apetit :-)

      Delete