Thursday, July 25, 2013

33 things before 33

Next year on July 3rd, I will turn 33 years old.  I decided that I get a second chance to celebrate my golden birthday.  The ‘Golden Birthday’ is the day where a human being turns the same age as the date to which they were born (Example, turning Twelve on the 12th of October).  I first encountered this idea on my best friend's 15th birthday.  I was a little sad that I missed out on a unique birthday, so I decided that 33 can be the golden birthday that I remember.

I know it is popular with bloggers to do a 30 things before 30 type challenge.  So I decided I can just edit the idea and make it 33 things before I turn 33.

Some of the things on the list are silly, some are serious and some things I just need to do.  These are in no particular order, and I am cheating with the first one since I am going on a trip with Ashley this weekend.  But the point in having goals is to make them achievable. 



1. Take a trip with Ashley
2. Meet our new niece or nephew
3. Complete the home study process for our adoption (I would love to say adopt our child, but I have no control over that, I can only focus on the paperwork)
4. Make a visit to Santa Fe national cemetery
5. Trip to Europe
6. Yoga retreat
7. California trip
8. Unassisted handstand in the middle of the room
9. Sell a piece of art that I make
10. Visit a new place, that we haven't planned to visit yet
11. Go to Canada and try to see the Northern lights
12. Visit the Williams Waterwall in Houston
13. Try five new restaurants in Houston
14. Weed through the bookcases and media storage
15. Organize our junk drawer
16. Do a yoga photo shoot
17. Have a family picture taken
18. Go to the rock gym with Adam
19. Make a watermelon cake
20. Crayon art project with Adam
21. Transfer Grandfather's cassette tape to CD
22. Watch a meteor shower
23. Clean our oven
24. Give away 33 things that no longer serve me
25. Find Sterling's little dog sibling
26. Meet new saving goals
27. Fill up my sketchbook
28. Make homemade jam
29. Watch a firework show
30. Take a tea tasting class
31. Paint some ceramics
32.  Make an ice cream cake
33.  Lord of the Rings extended version marathon

Bonus tasks or ideas for substitutions (Life happens)
Harry Potter Marathon
Reread all the Harry potter books
I hope you will cheer me on through this journey.  Some of these things are going to be challenging.

Question to consider:  What did I leave out that I should do before my next birthday?  Anyone else want to share their bucket list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment