Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1st

So I have been taking a class for a couple of months now, and last Friday we were given a homework assignment.  We were given the homework assignment to lay the foundation for a more energetic life. The class was given tasks to focus on for the entire month, to truly focus on. These are in no particular order.

1.  Rest
2.  Sleep
3.  Eat and drink properly
4. Live Passionately
5. Play
6. Relax

Looking at this list, it is amazing how many of these things I don't do on a day to day basis and how many of these things I rarely do mindfully.  I also believe that fulfilling these tasks everyday would create a wonderful life. 

Since I don't sleep very well, I wake up often in the night and I always wake up very early.  I decided to experiment this entire month to give up television and see if that helps my ability to sleep.  Adam and I tend to watch drama shows in the evenings and I am curious if watching shows like Game of Thrones does impact my sleep.   

I also have to brag about Adam.  Adam has been doing 100 days of handstands along with me, even if we practice at different times.  Last night he went up in handstand, unassisted in the middle of the room!  I wish I had been there to see it... 

Question to consider: Which one of the above tasks is the most difficult for you?  I struggle a lot with sleep, rest and relaxation.  But I keep practicing!




No comments:

Post a Comment