Monday, August 5, 2013

Facebook

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.  Adam gets frustrated with how often I check Facebook.  The night we landed in Chicago, I check Facebook as soon as we landed.  I was on autopilot.  :-) 

I saw a status update from my cousin talking about sitting in a bar at the Chicago airport.  She was on a layover, and was only in town for a few more minutes.  Still I quickly ran though the airport to see her.

The last time I saw her was my wedding 8 years ago.  This never would have happened without social media, and I think it is pretty incredible for lots of reasons.  Plus I finally got to meet her husband!

Question to consider: how do you feel about Facebook?  I said I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love seeing all the amazing things that my friends and family are doing, but on the other hand it does make me feel disconnected from reality.  Facebook isn't the whole story.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you got to meet your cousin! Did you surprise her there? I check FB only once in a month (or two or three), so nobody can say that it has control over me :-). But I do enjoy learning updates on friends and family...
    Mirka

    ReplyDelete