Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Native New Mexican

It is Green Chile festival time!  This is my favorite time in August, because we buy enough green chile for the year.  (At least we hope it will be enough)  Honestly the heat in August is kicking my butt this year and I pretty much hide inside during the day.  So the smell of green chile takes me to some of my favorite memories of New Mexico.

I remember sitting out on the porch while my parents grilled the chiles and peeling them.  I remember the smell of all the roasters in the fall.  I remember the times when I was sick and my parents made us green chile stew.  My Dad's breakfast burritos are amazing!   

Scent is so powerful and I enjoyed the trip I took back to my New Mexico, today. 

Question to consider: What food do you miss from your hometown? 

No comments:

Post a Comment