Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Vegetarian meals

We got a package in the mail today, a rice cooker.  Adam has been talking about eating vegetarian more and more, so I have been experimenting with quinoa a lot.  However, I am not having much luck cooking the actual quinoa, it ends up mushy or crunchy.  We decided to invest in a cheap rice cooker, that will also replace our steamer.  As soon as we finish the green chile stew I made yesterday we will start eating more vegetarian meals.  

Question to consider: What are your favorite vegetarian recipes?  The couple of times I have eliminated meat from our diet I have not felt well.  I tend to crave lots of protein, so any suggestions would be helpful.  I am not planning to become a vegetarian, just to eat a couple vegetarian meals a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment