Thursday, August 15, 2013

watching the clouds

So last Sunday Adam and spent an hour in the backyard hoping to see a shooting star, during the meteor shower.  Unfortunately, there was too much light pollution and we weren't able to see any shooting stars.

However we had a very pleasant evening in the backyard cuddling with Sterling and talking.

Tonight I was doing some exercises in the back yard and looked up to notice the beautiful sky.  I was so focused on other things that I almost missed the sight of the clouds, trees and the moon. The world is beautiful if you chose to see it that way.  We all need a reminder to focus on what we want instead of what we don't want.

Question to consider: What emotional state do you want to cultivate more of in your life?  My yoga teacher asked this in class today, my answer was trust.  My goal for my practice was to keep coming back to "trust."  Trust looks different for everyone, but most people can think of a time that they felt trust.  After you have that memory, think about what your posture was, how your breath felt and you may feel yourself shift closer to what you want.  Every moment that you cultivate what you want, is an accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment