Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Traditions

I take a lot of comfort in traditions, whether it is pizza on Christmas Eve or eating green chile when one of us has a cold.  I like knowing what is going to happen and when.  However even traditions are different every time.  Adam and I have gone to the Greek festival almost every year since we moved to Houston.  Every year is different and we have different memories from each year.  So while I like to take comfort in knowing what is going to happen, in reality I never know what is going to happen.  It is different every time.  Everyday is different and unique, it has its own series of challenges.  I am learning approach change as an opportunity and embrace spontaneity.  However some traditions like pizza on Christmas Eve will never go away. 

Question to consider:  What is one of your favorite traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment