Friday, November 8, 2013

Patience

My teacher shared this quote on Facebook this morning and I have been thinking about it all day.  It really helps to explain how I have been feeling the last few days.  I am running through my days without accomplishing much because I am so worried about taking the wrong action or I am just taking any action without thinking about the repercussions.  

"Many times in my life, fate has dealt me a blow so devastating that I could not think straight. Or rather, it’s more accurate to say I ran crazily through panicked days and sleepless nights without accomplishing much. When confronted by failure, illness, worry over loved ones, lack of money, and death, there were no easy answers, no matter how much my mind raced.

Eventually, I always found resol
ution. But in the midst of each crisis, I was too immature to be patient. When I saw that the road ahead was going to be bleak for weeks, months, even years, I didn’t want to face it. My desire for quick solutions only added to my tensions. Maybe the majority of my stress was even self-inflicted.

I really don’t want to tell you how many times I did this. But I can tell you that if you truly accept it when you have a long haul ahead, and if you vow that you’re going to make it, you’ll do a lot better. Then, instead of trying for quick fixes and slapdash solutions, you’ll lay the groundwork for true change.
" -
Deng Ming-Dao


No comments:

Post a Comment