Thursday, November 21, 2013

Salt

I received this ornament today, and I thought of this quote: "The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

I was looking at all the ornaments that Adam and I have collected this year and started wondering when we will put the tree up.  Adam and I buy ornaments when we travel to remember our vacations, and it was a way to build our ornament collection.  

I used to resist decorating our home for Christmas, but now I take a lot of pride in changing things up and embracing all our different traditions and memories.  Last year we attempted 25 days of togetherness, and life got in the way.  I am thinking about doing it again this year, but we will see.

There can be a lot of magic in the air this time of year or a lot of stress.  I am choosing right now to focus on the magic! The magic of stumbling on the perfect gift as opposed to not knowing what to get people on my list.  

Question to consider: When do you usually put up your Christmas tree?  Do you have a rule or just whenever makes sense?


No comments:

Post a Comment