Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blooming

Adam and I have this rose bush, that always blooms a single red rose in the winter time.  I was hoping the rose was going to open on Christmas, nature knew better.

Today the rose welcomed me home after a walk with Sterling.  The weather isn't too cold but the wind was brutal.  The rose felt like a reward for getting out in the world and moving.

I have been doing a lot of reading and internet research lately, so getting out and about was exactly what I needed.  I find it easy in the winter time to hide in my house and cook, read and write.  I tend to rest a lot. Sterling always inspires me to get moving, except when he comes and sleeps next to me during my meditation time.  

Question to consider: Do you spend more time indoors or outdoors in the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment