Monday, January 13, 2014

Cashew sauce

I decided to get very creative with lunch today.  Adam has been wanting more and more vegetarian food and so I have been looking at a lot of different recipes and learning about how vegetarians and vegans eat and still manage to get all the essential nutrients.  I have been craving creamy alfredo pasta, but with all the sickness that has been going around I decided it is best to limit dairy for a little while.   Dairy makes me very congested and I seem to get sick more often if I eat a lot of it.  

So I decided to make a cashew cream sauce.  So I soaked cashews until they were kind of mushy (I didn't know it was better to use raw cashews and I only had roasted ones.)  and then bleaded them with some chicken broth, lemon juice and spices.  I heated the mixture on the stove until it thickened a little bit and then put it over some sauted kale and pasta.   I really enjoyed the meal.  It was fun to experiment with something new and completely out of my comfort zone.

Question to consider: What are some recipes or foods that you have been meaning to try that are outside your normal routine?   I think we are so lucky to live in an age where we can just type into google something we want to try and find ways to do it ourselves.  


No comments:

Post a Comment