Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Certainty

I have not been posting as regularly because I have been very busy getting ready for a new adventure.  I am getting ready to go to Nepal to teach English to Buddist Monks.  I am going to be leaving very soon and I am terribly excited.  I have some posts scheduled to post after I leave, since I do not know if I will have access to electricity or the internet while I am gone.  

Ten years ago I packed up my life and moved to California to work as a full time volunteer with the Selma Fire Department.  I remember the excitement and the terror associated with that decision and that move.  It ended up being one of the best years of my life, and besides marrying Adam the best decision I ever made.  I learned an enormous amount about myself in that year.

How did I make this decision?  I made it in an instant, my teacher suggested I go to Nepal to teach English and I said "yes."  When he asked me the question, there was no hesitation that I could handle going to the other side of the world by myself.  There was no doubt and no fear.   I can only describe that moment as certainty.   I remember calling Adam and told him "I am going to Nepal!"   I am so excited about this journey and every moment that I start to feel overwhelmed and stressed.  I go back to how I felt in the moments I decided to go on this adventure.   

Question to consider: When was the last time you felt complete certainty about a major decision?  The last major decision I made before this was to quit my job, and for a long time I had mixed feelings.  I think complete certainty is a very rare gift, and I can't wait to unwrap my present!   

No comments:

Post a Comment