Thursday, February 27, 2014

Just do it!

In yoga teacher training someone asked the question: "What would you tell someone preparing to teach their first yoga class?"  The guest teacher responded "Just do it!"  There was so much power in her words.  We often over think and get so caught up in our heads and the story that we forget to do things.   We forget that it is okay to fall down, it is okay to realize we have a lot to learn.  The important thing is to take some action, to start living the life you want.  To start being the person you want to be, even if it is for just a single breath.  Just start doing it, start practicing!

I saw this post on a Facebook page  "A peaceful warrior."  The images and the words speak to me.  Right now I am so excited about the opportunity to go to Nepal.  There are moments when I am scared out of my mind, and everything starts going a hundred miles an hour.  "I don't know the language, I don't know what I will eat, what if I get sick....."  It can go on forever, then I remember to take a breath.  I remember it is going to be okay; and every time I fall I will stand back up. 

Question to consider: What is one thing you really want to do?  What action can you take today to make that happen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment