Monday, June 30, 2014
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
So we will see what happens!
When I was a little girl I used to make grape jelly with my mom all the time. It was so much fun making a giant mess in the kitchen.
Question to consider: Have you ever made homemade jam or jelly? Any good recipes?
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
So lets see what I still want to accomplish before my birthday on July 3rd!
9. Sell a piece of art that I make (This one hasn't happened yet. I almost sold some of my work, but she decided to go in a different direction. I am working on a painting as a gift for a friend, which is new for me to give my paintings away.)
12. Visit the Williams Waterwall in Houston (This seemed like such a simple thing to do)
16. Do a yoga photo shoot (Adam has done a couple of yoga shoots, so I will get my butt in gear)
17. Have a family picture taken (I am still looking for a good Groupon)
18. Go to the rock gym with Adam (Does a mud run count?)
20. Crayon art project with Adam (I painted with a friend, however I still want to play with melting crayons on canvas)
27. Fill up my sketchbook (This is an ongoing project, I have been writing in my journal a lot. I might just finish that instead)
28. Make homemade jam (Soon!)
29. Watch a firework show (I was just talking to Adam about this. Does a shooting star in Nepal count?)
31. Paint some ceramics (This one seemed so easy to schedule at the time)
32. Make an ice cream cake (Umm...I am not so sure about this one)
33. Lord of the Rings extended version marathon (I have watched the Fellowship a number of times, when I have been sick.)
Bonus tasks or ideas for substitutions (Life happens)
Harry Potter Marathon
Reread all the Harry potter books
Order Room Service (Done!)
Upgrade seats on a plane (Done!)
Monday, June 23, 2014
Here are the links to the rest of the places that we tried!
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Thursday, June 12, 2014
I enjoyed it.
While I ate dinner I watched the Jim Carrey speech again. I absolutely love this speech, so I am sharing it again! If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, here is a small clip.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Adam and I met for dinner before teacher training and took a moment in the sun, to feel its unending energy. The sun simply shines, it radiates love and life.
Question to consider: Have you taken a moment to feel the sun on your face today? Take a moment to really enjoy the sun and take a deep breath!
Monday, June 9, 2014
I did a lot today, ran errands, got my hair cut, went to an acupuncture appointment, took a nap. However the most productive thing I did today was to take 30 minutes to watch this YouTube video.
Question to consider: What are you asking the universe for right now? I am asking the universe to continue to grow, expand and show me that it is always perfect.
So I thought about what a "case of the Mondays" means to me. I decided it was about procrastination, not wanting to handle some tasks that I am not excited about or that I see obstacles about. I was given the task to write a biography for Adam and I, which one would think is an easy task.
So I am distracting myself with other more "fun" tasks like laundry, dishes, going to the post office and giving Sterling a bath. Now that I am sitting at my computer it is time to get working on our bios.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Question to consider: How do you decorate your fridge?
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
When I started working at the advocacy center, I thought it might be super emotional and depressing. There have definitely been days that are emotional, I have never walked away depressed. More often I find myself wondering about the children I interact with and hoping that someone in their life is helping them heal.
Monday, June 2, 2014
2 – Monday, ugh! What’s keeping you going today?
3 – Who made you smile today?
4 – Look up. What do you see?
5 – #TBT Share a photo from a past summer trip!
6 – National Doughnut Day! Snap a pic celebrating! Or, what did you have instead?!
7 – Saturday! What are you up to?
9 – Manic Monday! What’s giving you a case of the Mondays?
10 – Is the sun out? Snap a pic! If not, what’s it like out there?
11 – Get over the hump of the week. How were you productive today?
12 – Treat yourself, it’s almost the weekend!
13 – Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious and ducking for cover, or out and about?
14 – Flag Day! Got one flying in the warm breeze?
16 – Moday motivation. What motivates you?
17 – Got a pet? Share them with the world!
18 – Stretch those legs mid-week and go outside or for a walk. Snap and share!
19 – #OOTD, what are you wearing? Got your summer clothes on?!
20 – Happy Friday! You made it! Smile and say cheese
21 – HAPPY SUMMER! Take a picture of what summer looks like to you to celebrate!
23 – Got those sandals out? What’s your favorite pair?
24 – What made you happy today?
25 – Are the flowers blooming? Take a picture of your favorite!
26 – Wehew, it’s hot out there. How are you cooling down?
27 – Last Friday of the month, what are you up to?
28 – Is today a beach day? Snap a pic and make everyone jealous!
30 – Last day of June, how are you sending it off?
Today feels so much like a Monday after a week with Adam's parents and a weekend bachelor/bachelorette party at the lake it is difficult to get back into the swing of things.
Question to consider: What is keeping you going today?