Monday, July 7, 2014

Date night

Monday night I decided to take a break from everything!  I had a date night with myself, I got exactly what I wanted to eat, had a glass or two of wine, cuddled with Sterling, watched Mad Men, took a bath and wrote for a while.  I have been asking Adam for a date night for a while, we tend to be so busy with yoga, meditation and Daoist studies that we don't get an official date night.  So I took myself out for a date.  It was marvelous.

(I still would like a date night with Adam though, hint hint!)

It is important to really take some time for yourself once in a while, to unplug from all responsiblities and to take care of yourself.  I have been been feeling very overwhelmed with a lot lately, so it was nice to unplug and just take care of myself.  

Question to consider: When is the last time you took yourself out on a "date"?

No comments:

Post a Comment