Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Birthday!

"Sometimes we set out to do something, like write a novel, and we fail at writing that particular novel. But in the process of failing at that novel, we can actually succeed at writing another."  - Wil Wheaton


I really want to discuss is how epic this year was.

I traveled to six different countries!  Some of these trips were not even on my radar when I wrote my list, I am still heading to China soon and going back to Nepal before 2014 is over.

I started yoga teacher training in an effort to learn about yoga therapeutics and how to help heal others.  I started my Reiki training, and have done some healing sessions for friends.  I taught Qigong, and am looking forward to teaching more forms when I return to Nepal.

I cultivated some amazing new friendships and I am continued to be amazed and impressed with all of my friends talents.

I started creative writing again, I found a new voice, or maybe it is the voice I always had.

I started working at the advocacy center and with a local hospice.  

I ran two mud runs, complete with 22 obstacles. 

Last year on my birthday, I was very excited to see what the next year would hold. It was the first birthday in a long time that I was grateful for.  It is true, once you CHANGE YOUR FOCUS to gratitude you begin to be grateful for everything that happens.  In this last year I have really experienced how life happens for me, and it doesn't happen to me. 


19. Make a watermelon cake
20. Crayon art project with Adam

Bonus tasks or ideas for substitutions (Life happens)
Harry Potter Marathon  
Reread all the Harry potter books
Upgrade seats on a plane 

Question to consider:  How often do you feel like you are enough, no matter how many things are crossed of your to do list?  The reality is that everyone in every moment is enough, otherwise they wouldn't be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment