Friday, October 17, 2014

Festival time

I arrived in Nepal in the middle of Dashain, the longest and biggest festival in Nepal.  A lot of people told me that it is like Christmas in Nepal, it is a time for families to gather and celebrate.  There are also a lot of goats eaten, so the road outside of the monastery was packed with people selling and buying goats.  It was interesting to see how people got the goats home.  It was common to see a goat on a motorcycle sandwiched between two people.   (Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of that.)
I did my best to capture this photo, of the goat in the hatchback of the car in front of me.  There was also about 7 people in the car as well.   Lots of businesses were closed during this time.   I didn't get the opportunity to go to any of the Hindu temples to see what might have been going on; I focused on teaching my workshop.   Even driving back and forth, there was a lot to observe.

Question to consider: Have you ever been packed in a car with a bunch of people?  How about a goat?

No comments:

Post a Comment