Thursday, October 9, 2014

Safe and sound

I love people watching in airports!  There is an amazing diversity of people, so flying domestically in Nepal provided some great people watching.   I saw a newly married Hindu couple, lots of little girls in party dresses, lots of trekers (returning and heading out) and even a large group of  older American woman traveling together.  (They also happened to be on my plane!)
After only a slight delay, we were flying over Kathmandu in one of the smallest planes I had ever been on.  The 25 minute trip was very pleasant, we were given peanuts, soda, cotton balls for our ears and some maginificent views of the himalayas.  I was sitting on the opposite side of the views, so I wasnt able to get any good photos.  Trust me it is worth the trip!
After landing in Pokhara and wishing my fellow travel companions safe journey.  I took a taxi to the monastery and settled into my room.  
There is an ease at the monastery, and a feeling  of peace.   I am lucky to have another "home"  on the other side of the world. I don't have another way to describe it, it feels like home.  

Question to consider:  What feelings do you associate with home?  Can you create those feelings anywhere no matter where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment