Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The next adventure

I left the monastery early, not so bright.  I snapped this last photo of the lights in the courtyard, and was happy the camera had difficulty capturing the moment, not knowing whether to focus on the light or the dark.  It summed up my feelings when I was walking across the courtyard.   I chose to focus on the next adventure, spending a couple of days in the "real" Kathmandu.   I could still feel the loss, leaving the monastery behind, leaving those boys and their smiles and tears behind.  I took it all in, and walked with my friend Jiwon across the courtyard in silence knowing she could understand the mixxed up feelings in my heart.

Question to consider: Who decides what is the light or the dark?  Doesn't everything in the dark, become light as soon as we focus on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment