Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

Adam and I have been very focused on getting rid of clutter and making our lives a little simpler.  So when I asked about putting a tree up, Adam wanted to stay on task and continue to get rid of things.  However one day I was home alone and decided I wanted the tree up, it wouldn't take that much energy or time.  So I broke one of the rules of the house and carried the tree down the stairs and set it up.  

There are a lot of lights burned out, so I just used some of the blue lights we usually hang up outside.  We both decided to pass on the ornaments and just enjoy the tree.   I see this balance of light and dark.   

It feels a little bit more like Christmas, and I am really looking forward to spending the time with Adam cooking, snuggling, working out and watching some Christmas movies.   

Question to consider: How will you celebrate this year?   Do you put a tree up because you want to, or because you "should?"

No comments:

Post a Comment