Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Why?

So I am breaking the rules, but technically it is my blog and I made the rule, so I can break it.  This photo was not taken by a phone, it was taken by a photographer in Walt Disney World.   I am still in awe that the photographer captured my gleeful face.   It serves as a great reminder about why I am took the risk and went on a vacation.

Less then six weeks after being told I could chose to change my lifestyle, or find other ways to cope and manage the pain in my body, I left my comfort zone.   I went with Ashley's family to Florida and was determined to make the most of the experience and also to listen to my body and be kind when it was time to rest.  

I have to say in some ways it was easier then I expected, Disney handles food allergies and sensitivities extremely well, we also had a kitchen so I was able to make most of my meals.    In other ways it was tough to not be able to physically do a lot of the things I wanted, it was difficult for me to not feel ill when I was taking twenty pills a day, and sometimes I just needed a break to go cry by myself.   

I learned a lot on the trip, I learned that it is possible to travel, and to figure out how to eat.   I also learned that it puts a lot more stress on my body and I am still taking some time to recover and rest.  

The biggest lesson I learned is that I can still have a full life, a life filled with joy and love even when I am not feeling my best.   Because for me that is the hardest part, when I am in pain, it is difficult for me to imagine a time when I didn't hurt.  It is difficult for me to imagine being able to run, and jump and dance without bracing.   However those moments exist everyday, even if it is not useful for my body to jump right now, my heart can still leap, and I can be extremely grateful for my amazing and beautiful life.


Question to consider: What is the most recent lesson you learned dealing with the stress of the holiday season?  

No comments:

Post a Comment