Saturday, February 27, 2016

Resolve

So I decided to do something uncomfortable, something that I was afraid of.   I decided to participate on a team for 2016 Walk of Hope to support RESOLVE.

Honestly when I first found out about this walk, I did not want to participate.  I didn't want to face all the possible triggers, around infertility.   Sometimes I like to think that I am past all of those emotions that were associated with that time in my life.  I know that that is not the case, I know that I still encounter triggers in my daily life.

When Sonya approached me directly, I chose to reconsider.  She reminded me that I am not alone, that I was not alone even at those times when I felt hopeless, desperate and useless.  She helped me see the value in sharing, in listening and connecting with people that shared in a life defining journey.

So why am I walking?  I am walking to hear and share stories, to embody the idea that even if my life didn't turn out the way I had envisioned, the way I thought it had to go.  I have a magnificent life.   To hear other people's success stories, and to embrace that "success" does not have to equal having a biological child.   To acknowledge Adam and I were not alone in this struggle, to serve as a reminder to others that they are not alone.

I walk for all the people that supported me and continue to support me everyday and to celebrate the fact that I can walk, I can show up, and that I can feel whatever comes up and it does not define me.  I chose what defines me, I chose to continue to create the life that I want, and realize that the struggle and the pain changed me into someone much more open, loving and giving.  That this journey opened up opportunities and adventures I never would have dreamed of without it. 

If you would like to join the team or donate to support the cause.  Here is a link to the the team's page. http://familybuilding.resolve.org/site/TR/WalkofHope2016/WalkofHope?team_id=7932&pg=team&fr_id=1340#.VrDN2qDjpWg.gmail

Question to consider:  What are you imagining for your life right now?   Do you have the courage to embrace it and tell someone your vision?


No comments:

Post a Comment