Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunshine Sunday

About five years ago I drove to meet my Godson.  I remember that drive vividly, telling myself that I could do it, that I wanted to do it, that my grief and broken heart could wait a few days.  It was clearly a life changing event. Andrew is a reminder that there is so much joy and brightness in the world even when it feels dark.  That trip and the conversations I had with my best friend during that time inspired this blog.  

This weekend I set out on another trip to celebrate his birthday, wondering if I could make it.  I had not driven that far and long in a car since my diagnosis.  In fact I was scared to do it, I was scared that my bladder would not be able to handle the journey.  In the end I made it there and back again.  There were some really difficult moments during the drive but in the end it was worth it.  

Happy Birthday, Andrew!  I can't wait to see what else your birth inspires in this world.  I already see how much it inspires your sister to be gentle and aware.  

No comments:

Post a Comment