Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sunshine Sunday

A little bit about peace, is it about the environment or about the state of the heart?   This week I finally asked for help with something, I did something completely terrifying and reached out honestly and sincerely. I dropped the "I'm okay" mask in a situation where I felt like I had to be "okay" all the time.  I think I held my breath awaiting a response, because I was feeling unheard and unseen with this issue.   When the person responded she brought a bit of light into this little valley I am in right now, a little bit of empathy, and took my hand to remind me of that light.  

There is still work to be done, there is still growth that will come from this fertile soil, but I was given a bit of peace that I wasn't alone in this.   So when Adam and I finally made it to the beach, I just wanted to soak up that light and peace, gathering a bit of my resources because it is time to start climbing out of the valley.  

It feels like a great focus heading into Holy Week, to remember the resources that we have to gather and maybe even reaching out for a few new supporters.

Question of the day: What is an invitation for growth in your life, and how will you accept it?  (I tend to accept things kicking and screaming, but I am working on making those intervals shorter and shorter.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment